CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Show Me the Money!!!

John probably hates it when we have visitors coming because this is when I get in my "how can we make our house look even cuter" mode. I swear the last time we had someone stay with us it was my sister April and I was determined to do something with the wall that we hang our TV on. I must admit I did a fabulous job and was very happy with what I came up with. Of course after doing that I needed a break from spending money and had to admire my work as much as possible.

Starting Monday I decided it was time for Addison's room to go through a change. We turned her crib into a toddler bed and I'm now updating it by getting rid of all the baby pictures I have around her room and making it look more girly. I was able to move her changing table out and put her table and chairs that were in our living room in. I'm now redecorating the walls and have put up a cute stencil on one wall and then need to find some canvas art for the other. The timing is horrible since we have no money and the credit card that I've been using and we normally try to use for x-mas is just about maxed out. I'm determined though because once I get her room done we need to focus on the huge wall that connects our living room and dining room. We just can't seem to figure out what the heck to put up there. I continue to think I'll find something at Pier One but I strike out every time. Luckily I still have 2 weeks to feel satisfied with how the house looks and then my mom and step-dad will be visiting for Thanksgiving. Seriously, why can't money grow on trees...is it too much to ask for?

2 comments:

April said...

Tell me about it, I am not looking forward to going back to work!!!

SMV Happiness said...

When are you going back? Well, I will tell you I think I accomplished my goal! As soon as John gets home Addi's room will be done (I need his help w/hanging stuff) and then I found some cool art to put on the other wall I was talking about. ;o)